Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My future life will not involve Wood work

I have beautiful plans for my garden. I imagine a beautiful pine box with measurements of 3 feet wide by 10 feet long and 6 inches high. In my head my plans work perfectly. I explained myself to the helpful associate at Home Depot and he even agreed that my construction plan was great.

 I can be handy, I fix things around the house.  I changed a bad toilet, maybe  it took 2 days but I did it. Changed faucets around the house. So I have some basic skills and knowledge. You explain it to me a few times I can figured it out.

 OK I have my wood pieces that need to be assembled.   So I have this great plan in my head, it looks beautiful.  My frame is 3 feet wide and 10 feet long and 6 inches high. SO I line up my boards and start hammering away. I get half way done and realize my plans do not work. I can not nail in a board halfway through and connect the two halves ..

 SO I sit and think of how to fix this. If I don't I am stuck. Then I remember My great neighbor's husband does all kinds of wood work. One quick call and all is saved. He told me to cut a wood and attacthed to the board and it would work. YES it did.

 So I have learned many things from this first building adventure. My beautiful plans sometime need to be checked again to make sure that they really work.  Also even the smallest adjustment can change everything..

 Off to fill this bed with great soil and get the garden started.


No comments:

Post a Comment