Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A new start has begun

 I have always wanted to have a garden. Not just a garden with a few flowers just thrown in it. But a garden that I can have flowers that blossom and grow beautifully. A garden that I can grow fruits and vegetables in. A garden that my family and I can get our hands dirty in and enjoy the hard work and love that goes in to it.
 
My hopes for our little backyard garden.

A space that will bring everyone together for great times, hard work and if our little seeds will grow, thrive and will turn into food that tastes the way it should.  To understand that not all food looks the same and picture perfect.

 To show my children and myself a slower way to live life. It is not just running up to the store to get fruit and vegetables that's out of season and shipped around the world. That life works in seasons.  What it really takes and means to have that food on our table.

To be able to share with others. To have them enjoy something that we grew.

 Overall I hope that this will turn into lifelong passion for my family and myself.  I am looking forward to starting our little adventure.

1 comment: